Terms and Conditions of Use of HYUNDAI ONLINE SHOP
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 Purpose
These Clauses(Terms and Conditions of Use: hereinafter referred to as “Clauses”) aim to define the rights and duties of the users and the Company of Online service site(hereinafter called as the “Site”) operated by INNOCEAN Worldwide Inc. (hereinafter called as the "Company").
Article 2 Definitions
- 1. Site : It means the internet service provided in “HYUNDAI ONLINE SHOP” the Company operates.
- 2. User : It means the member or non-member who enters the Site and uses services stated in these Clauses.
- 3. Member : It means the person who has submitted personal information through the Site, consented to the Clause and subscribed to membership. The Company integrates and manages the Member’s personal information.
- 4. Service: It means both electronic information services and tangible/intangible services the user is provided through internet services defined in Article 2 Clause 1.
- 5. Non-member : It means the person who is not subscribed a member but uses the information and services provided by the Company.
Article 3 Disclosure and Revision of Clauses
- 1. The Company can revise these Clauses within the scope of abiding by the related laws such as Regulation of Standardized Contracts Act, Digital Signature Act Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection Act, Door to Door Selling Act, and Consumer Protection Act.
- 2. These Clauses become effective by being posted on the Site. Revised Clauses shall be announced in the Site up to 7 days prior to the revision.
- 3. Consenting to these Clauses means that the user visits the Site regularly and consents to the confirmation of the changes of the Clauses. The Company shall not be responsible for the damages of the user arising from being ignorant of the information of revised Clauses.
- 4. When a member does not consent to revised Clauses, the member can withdraw, and the Company can withdraw the member who does not consent to revised Clauses at its dicretion. When the member does not express the intention of refusal after 7 days from the effective date and continues using the service, the Company shall consider that the member has consented to revised Clauses.
- 5. When the Company amends the Clauses, amended Clauses shall be applied only to the contract concluded after the application date and the contract concluded before then shall be applied to the prior Clauses before the amendment.
Article 4 Regulations other than Clauses and Competent Court
- 1. The affairs not specified in these Clauses and the interpretation thereof shall be subject to the provisions of Consumer Protection Act in electronic commerce transactions, Regulation of Standardized Contracts Act, Consumer Protection Guidelines in electronic commerce transactions and related laws and regulations or commercial practice.
- 2. When any dispute occurs between the Company and the Site user, the district court in the location of the Company shall be the competent one.
- 3. A litigation of electronic commerce transactions raised between the Company and the Site user shall be applied to the provisions of Korean laws.
Article 5 Change and Suspension of Services
The Company may change or suspend the content of services provided in the following cases.
- ① An unavoidable case due to repair or replacement and trouble of service facilities, stoppage of communication. or defined period in Telecommunication Business Act
- ② In case a common carrier suspended telecommunication services
- ③ In case there is a setback in a normal service use due to national state of emergency, blackout, bottleneck of service facilities or congestion of service use etc.
- ④ In case the Company announced it to members regarding the necessity
- ⑤ In case the Company is unable to provide the service for the reason of transition of the business items, waiver of business, integration between the businesses, the Company shall notify it to the users and pay the users’ deposit to the user with spots or cash corresponding to currency value used in the Site.
Article 1 Membership and Eligibility
1. A member shall enter member information according to the form prescribed by the Company, and apply for membership and be registered as a member. Out of membership form, the following information is must-do, and other information is optional.
- ① Department/Business name (in case of Officer and employee member and overseas staff member)
2. In the following case, the Company may not acknowledge membership arbitrarily or may deprive the member qualification.
- ① In case a person applied by using other person’s title
- ② In case the same person applied by overlapping
- ③ In case a person applied by entering required content falsely in applying for the use
- ④ In case a person applied for the purpose to harm peace and order and beautiful and fine custom of the society
3. Withdrawal from Membership
A member can withdraw from membership by his request. This time, the member gets all the qualifications suspended as a member, and other benefits become extinct as well. And the Company shall destroy a customer’s personal information at the same time of secession based on personal information protection policy and shall not keep it.
Article 2 Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- 1. The Company can be provided with the information as to various kinds of personal status from the customer and provided information can be used so that the customer may use the service provided by the Company efficiently.
2. The Company shall not provide personal information acquired from the customer to a third person without the customer’s advance consent. But the following cases are exceptional.
- ① In case of the request of national agency by related laws and regulations like Framework Act on Telecommunications.
- ② In case of investigation purpose as to the crime or the request of Information Communication Ethics Committee
- ③ In case of advising customer’s information to a distribution business in the characteristic of distribution operation
- ④ In case of sharing partial information confined to related affairs in the bank operation
- ⑤In case it is necessary for preparation of statistics, PR materials, academic research or market survey and is provided in the form not to identify a special customer
- ⑥ In case it is necessary in identifying the person to prevent illegal use
- 3. Acquired personal information is protected based on personal information protection policy of the Company.
- 4. When a person joins a member or consents to receiving electronic transmitting media including email, post, other SMS after joining, the Company can provide the benefit notice such as the sale, change of service of the Company, the information of distribution, events to members through above method.
Article 3 Member Benefits and Service Restrictions
- 1. In time of membership, there are benefits like discount provided only to a member. But the member policy can be changed occasionally according to the situations of this Company but this time it will not be notified individually.
2. In time of deprival and secession, restriction of member qualification pursuant to these Clauses
Chapter, the benefits for a member shall be extinct as well.
Chapter 3 Provision of Goods Purchase Service
Article 1 Scope of Service
The Site the Company operates shall perform the following operation.
- ① Provision of information as to goods and conclusion of purchase contract
- ② Distribution liability of goods of concluded contract
- ③ Other operation designated by the Company
Article 2 Order and Distribution of Goods
- 1. The Company shall have responsibility for the distribution and refund of relevant goods to customers from the date when there is customers’ order file as to the goods selling in the Site and the payment of the price thereto is confirmed.
- 2. When the Company is unable to provide goods for the reason of out-of-stock of goods applied by the user for the purchase, the Company shall take necessary measures for the refund of payment for goods within 5 days from the date of receipt of goods price and shall notify the reason to the user.
Article 3 Cancellation and Refund
- 1. In case of the goods the user was provided with, the user may request the purchase cancellation and refund only within 20 days from the date provided.
- 2. In case the user cancels the purchase of goods, the user shall return already delivered goods. The Company shall refund the price of goods already paid within 5 days from the date of return of goods(excluding holidays) or take the measures of purchase cancellation. When the user does not return the goods, or when the goods are damaged for the reason attributable to the user, or in case of overseas distribution or special distribution with considerably high distribution cost, the Company may refuse the refund or take measures of refund only to the part.
3. The Company shall bear all the cost necessary for return in the cancellation of purchase of goods in the following cases.
- ① In case goods are damaged when delivered to the customer
- ② In case the goods different from the content of advertising and description are provided.
- ③ In case the provision of goods exceeds the period specified in the Clauses(domestically)
4. The user shall bear all the cost necessary for the return in cancelling the purchase of goods in the following cases.
- ① In case the wrong goods are ordered and delivered with the customer’s error
- ②In case the goods cannot reach the customer’s expectation
- ③In case of the request of cancellation due to the customer’s change of mind
- ④ In case overseas distribution and special distribution with considerable high delivery cost
Article 1 Copyright of Service Contents
- 1. The copyright and other intellectual property rights of all the contents produced and provided by the Company belong to the Company.
- 2. A member shall not do illegal copy, correction, and spread of paidㆍfree contents the Company provides arbitrarily. But the contents permitted by the company according to the necessity of the activation of service shall be exceptional.
Article 2 Posts of Members
- 1. Posts mean the writing, photos, all kinds of files members put while using the service.
- 2. The posts which a member registers in the service damage himself/herself or others or arouse any problems, the member shall be responsible for it, whereas the Company shall not be responsible for it unless otherwise in a special situation.
3. The Company may take related measures such as temporary posting suspension, deletion, moving or registration refusal without a member’s advance consent regarding posts coming under each number of the following.
- ① In case the content gives a severe insult or damages honor of other members or a third person.
- ② In case a member spreads or links the content in breach of public order and beautiful and fine custom
- ③ In case of the content encouraging illegal copy or hacking
- ④ In case of advertising aiming at profits
- ⑤ In case of the content to be recognized to be related to crime objectively
- ⑥ In case of the content infringing the rights of the user or a third person’s copyright etc.
- ⑦ In case the Company judges that private political judgment or religious opinion is not fit for the character of service
- ⑧ In case the posts are against the principle of posts defined by the Company, and they are not in line with the character of bulletin board
- ⑨ In case they are in violation with related laws and regulations
Chapter 5 Duties
Article 1 Duties of the Company
- 1. The Company shall do its best to provide continuous and stable services according as defined in these Clauses.
- 2. The Company shall always cope with managerial and technical safety as to personal status information including the user’s credit information and do its best in the user’s information security.
- 3. The Company shall do its best in the order maintenance of electronic commerce transactions through the fair and sound operation, provide a good quality of services through a continuous R&D, maximizes customer’s satisfaction and contribute to the development of the internet.
- 4. In case inconvenient affairs and matters raised by the customers from the customer are judged to be just, the Company shall deal with the matters preferably. But in case a quick treatment is difficult, the Company shall notify the reason and treatment schedule to the customer immediately.
- 5. The Company shall cooperate with the claim of necessary data for the promotion of consumer protection operation of consumer protection group and public agencies positively.
Article 2 User’s Duties
- 1. The responsibility of all the management as to ID and Password shall lie with the user.
- 2. The user shall not render a third person to use ID and Password.
- 3. In case the user recognizes that ID and Password are robbed or used by a third person, the user shall notify the fact to the company immediately.
- 4. The user shall abide by these Clauses and the affairs defined in related laws and regulations.
5. In case it comes under the following affairs, the use rights shall be deprived.
- ① The action to use illegal ID or goods trade action in violation with public order and beautiful and fine custom
- ② The action which is judged to be related to crime objectively
- ③ Other act in breach of related laws and regulations
- ④ In case a member repeats ill service disturbance. But the matter of false information or error information in member registration is the user’s responsibility.
Chapter 6 Compensation for Damages and Exemption Clause
Article 1 Compensation for Damages
- 1. The Company shall not be responsible for any damage occurring to the user related to free use of service.
- 2. When a matter occurs in the paid service, the Company shall treat it with full refund in principle. But the part by the member’s carelessness out of the process of refund treatment shall be the member’s liability.
Article 2 Exemption Clause
- 1. The Company shall not assume the responsibility for any damages to the user in relation to the use of service during the period of free service.
- 2. When the Company is unable to provide services due to natural disasters or any other incidents as irresistible as those, the Company shall be exempt from the responsibility of providing services.
- 3. The Company shall not be responsible for the problem of the service use due to the reason attributable to the user.
- 4. The Company shall not be responsible for the benefits the user expects from using the services nor the loss caused by the data obtained through the services.
- 5. The Company shall not be responsible for the content that the user posts, including information, data, reliability/accuracy of content.
Chapter 7 Refund and Change
Article 1 Refund Policy in Related Laws and Regulations
- 1. When the Company cannot deliver or provide the goods to the user due to some reasons such as inventory shortage, the company shall notify the user without delay, and if the Company has already been paid for the goods before the notice, the Company shall refund the price within 2 working days from the date of receipt or take necessary measures for the refund.
2. Compulsory Secession
When a member is withdrawn from membership for violating relevant laws, the provisions of these Clauses, the refund rule of this Article shall not be applied.